Dear Parents, Guardians, and Coregiven,
Please do not send your child to school if he or she has symptoms of COVID-19.
Signs and symptoms of COVID-19 can include:
- Shortness of Breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- Loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Stomach pain, vomiting, diarrhea
Per current guidelines issued by the Department of Health (DOH), if a student presents with any of the above symptoms, they will be sent home. Please ensure you have arrangements in place, should your child need to be picked up from school. Please also make sure the school has current contact information so that our nurse will be able to get in touch with you.
If your child was kept home because they were not feeling well, we really appreciate you keeping them home. However, they will still need to meet the DOH requirements in order to return to school.
Return to school:
The following is required before a student can return to school after an illness:
- A note from their health care provider must be provided
- A negative COVID-19 test must be provided, AND
- Your child must be symptom free for 24 hours without any fever reducing medication